In this podcast we talk with Selby Cary the founder of Scaleup Lessons about the challenges of scaling a business. Both Selby and Bhairav talk about the challenges they have faced when taking a company of 1 or 2 people to 50 or more in a short period of time and how that growth impacted tech, operations, product development and recruitment.
What you will learn from this podcast
We talk through the following topics:
- What do we mean by scaling?
- When do you feel the growing pains?
- How hiring changes as you scale
- Dealing with technical debt
- How you maintain culture as you scale
- How product development changes as you scale
- Sweat equity (is it a good thing?)
- Operational challenges of scaling
Why you should listen to this podcast
All founders want to grow their business, for the lifestyle businesses the growth may not huge but no matter whether you’re going from 1 to 5 people or 5 to 50 there are growing pains along the way.
In this podcast you will hear from two people that have scaled businesses and advise entrepreneurs on how they can best scale their organisation
The conversation has real world examples of challenges faced in HR, tech, product development and operations and will give you valuable insights into what you may face in each area as you grow your own business.